WIMAR SG 2020 Leadership Program
This year, WIMAR is delighted to announce two Leadership Programs, our popular and successful Accelerated Learning Program and a new Purpose Driven Leadership Program, for managers and leaders of WIMAR Singapore.
2020 Accelerated Leadership Program
We are delighted to announce that following the success of the 2019 ALP, Women in Mining and Resources (WIMAR) is once again partnering with Just Add Water (JAW) to host the program this year. JAW has been delivering over 20 years creative, bespoke, impactful and experientially-based interventions for global leaders.
The ALP is specifically tailored for budding professionals, either female or male, looking to advance their leadership capabilities to the next level. This year’s program is the first that will be fully conducted in a virtual space, in consideration of the circumstances.
Program participants can look forward to a deeper understanding of themselves, learn how to utilise strengths at work, and structure frameworks with strategies to overcome leadership challenges. Give yourself an opportunity to discover and develop the following aspects of being a leader:
- Key strengths and what energises you
- Mind-set, values and beliefs and the importance of these intrinsic motivators
- Influencing capabilities and how to utilise them
- Role of good leadership in shaping culture through collective and distributed leadership
- Value of storytelling as a leader in creating a common language
- Developing network and social circle, and how to manage them.
Conducted in three stages, the program uses a blended learning approach:
- Stage 1 - Online psychometric assessment, followed by a personalized one-on-one teleconference debrief with a certified coach.
- Stage 2 – 4 interactive virtual sessions with trio conversations in between to help leaders explore their personal purpose and consider the impact they have in their positions.
- Stage 3 – Learning Group check-ins (three participants per group) to maintain personal commitment to continued learning and encourage the embedding of attitudinal and behavioural shifts for leadership growth.
Applications for 2020 are now closed.
2020 Purpose Driven Leadership Program
We are delighted to announce the Purpose Driven Leadership (PDL) Programme, a new leadership Program for managers and leaders of WIMAR Singapore this year. WIMAR SG is partnering with Dr.Jane Horan to host this Program Dr. Jane Horan is an expert in inclusion and diversity, cross cultural leadership, and career transitions. She is the founder of The Horan Group, helping organisations build inclusive workplaces and working with individuals on career purpose.
PDL is open to managers and leaders who would like to reinvent purpose within self and others. It is a highly interactive workshop designed to uncover insights and develop techniques that will help the participants choose a purpose driven career. The program is intended to be fully conducted in a virtual space, in consideration of the current circumstances.
Program participants can look forward to a deeper understanding of themselves, defining who, why and how of the purpose, learning how to tell your purpose story, learning how to build a web of advisors and using resilience tools to overcome obstacles. Some of the topics that will be covered as part of the Program are:
- Self-Awareness, Strengths and Values in building a meaningful career
- Pivotal events, Looking back to move forward
- Uncovering your uniqueness, building your purpose story
- Navigating the Organisation, overcoming obstacles and taking a stand
The course will be delivered as 3 * 2.5 hr virtual sessions for a cohort of 20. Both men and women are welcome to apply. We believe members will be able to find or reignite their purpose in self and others; as well as leave with tools that help build and rebuild a sustainable purpose.