WIMAR SG 2021 Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP)
2021 Accelerated Leadership Program
We are delighted to announce that following the success of the 2020 Virtual ALP, Women in Mining and Resources (WIMAR) is once again partnering with Just Add Water (JAW) to host this year’s programme. JAW has been delivering over 20 years creative, bespoke, impactful and experiential interventions for global leaders.
Applications for the 2021 Accelerated Leadership Program are now closed.
The ALP is specifically tailored for budding professionals, either female or male, looking to advance their leadership capabilities to the next level. In consideration of current circumstances, the programme will be conducted virtually.
Programme participants can look forward to a deeper understanding of themselves and will learn how to utilise strengths at work and explore strategies to overcome leadership challenges. With the opportunity to discover and develop the following aspects of being a leader:
- Understanding my unique strengths and how to leverage them for impact
- Mind-set, values and beliefs and the importance of these intrinsic motivators
- Influencing capabilities and how to utilise them
- Role of good leadership in shaping culture through collective and distributed leadership
- Value of storytelling as a leader in creating a common language
- Developing a network and how to manage my ecosystem
Conducted in three stages, the programme uses a blended learning approach:
- Stage 1 – Online assessment tool, followed by a personalised one-on-one debrief with a certified coach.
- Stage 2 – 4 interactive virtual sessions with homework and smaller Learning Group conversations in between.
- Stage 3 – Learning Group check-ins to maintain personal commitment to continued learning and encourage the embedding of attitudinal and behavioural shifts for leadership growth.
Dates to note:
- Application dates: 21st May – 4th June
- Notification to selected participants: 18th June
- Programme fee (SGD 300) payment cut-off: 30th June
- Programme kick-off: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 2:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Day 1: Thursday, July 22, 2021 2:30 PM-7:00 PM
- Day 2: Thursday, August 5, 2021 2:30 PM-7:00 PM
- Day 3: Friday, August 20, 2021 2:30 PM-7:00 PM
Feedback from ALP 2020 program
“The strengths finder is very powerful as it is personal and really gives more targeted help and advice. I found that all the tools presented were very helpful and it was insightful to discuss those in details with others and get different points of view”
“Loved Strengths, growth based, loved the concept of combining strengths to reach where you seemingly are not strong, who’d have thought! Very relevant in this world!
The facilitators did a great job running this programme virtually! “
“I was very glad to see that this was a leadership course that is more career focused rather than focusing on the hands-on skills you need as a leader. I think this type of content is especially useful for women who I find can tend to be more short-term focused.”