Protecting your privacy is important to us. This policy sets out how WIMAR SG collects and processes your personal information. It also sets out your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. By submitting your information, you confirm that you understand how that information will be used in accordance with this policy and that you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy. If you have questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want us to stop using your personal data, please contact us and we will delete any registration you have made and endeavour to remove all personal data that we hold about you from our records.
2. Types of personal information we collect
We collect and process different types of personal information depending on how you interact with us.
We will primarily collect personal information from you directly, such as when you subscribe, request information from us or register for an event or program, or indirectly from your employing company, such as if you are nominated to attend a development program.
The types of personal information that we collect about you may include:
- Identification data – such as your name, gender, job title, photograph and date of birth.
- Contact details – such as your address, email address and telephone number.
3. Why we process your personal information
The purposes for which we process your personal information will depend on the type of personal information collected and the context in which it was collected.
We primarily use your personal information to:
- Upon your request, register you as a member of WIMAR SG, to include and categorise you in a list of members of WIMAR SG and to contact you concerning the administration of your membership;
- Send you electronic marketing communications including:
- updates about the Website, news concerning WIMAR SG, and events, promotions or programs being offered by WIMAR SG; and
- Information from us or from permitted selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you;
- Enable us to contact you for security reasons or in order to respond to or direct communications from third parties to the relevant recipient(s);
- Enable you to access various features of the Website and to configure the Website to provide you with the most useful and personalised information.
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop the Website and our service and may provide such aggregate information to third parties solely for these purposes.
4. Who we share your personal information and how we use it
We may share your personal information within our collective organisation as well as with third parties involved in the running of our programs. This may involve sharing information across national borders.
We will only send you electronic marketing communications if you have opted to receive them when providing your personal data to us and/or by amending your profile settings on the Website.
If you had opted to receive such electronic marketing communications but no longer want us and/or selected third parties to use your personal data in this way, then please click the “unsubscribe” button on any unwanted types of electronic marketing communications that you receive in the future.
The Website uses “cookies” (small pieces of information stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser) which enable us to personalise your use of the Website (for example by automatically filling in your password). If you do not want a cookie to be stored on your hard drive you should select the appropriate options on your web browser. This will not prevent you from using most features of the Website.
We may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website, to those users who have registered with us. If you choose or you are provided with a username and password as part of the registration process, you must treat that information as confidential and you must not disclose it to anyone else. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting us immediately at email@example.com. We have the right to disable any username, password and/or your account at any time if in our opinion you have failed to comply with these Terms.
5. How we store and protect your personal information
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal data which you provide is used only for the purposes set out in this policy. We only keep your personal information for as long as we need it to carry out the purposes described in this policy.
We use third parties to store your personal information in electronic databases. We ensure these third parties have strong security measures in place before embarking on any new agreements. However, the internet is not a completely secure network and we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by other parties.
Whilst we make reasonable attempts to exclude viruses or other destructive computer codes from the Website, we do not accept any obligation, give no assurance and assume no liability or responsibility (whether express or implied) in relation to viruses or such computer code. You should take all appropriate safeguards before using the Website or downloading from the Website.
6. Your rights and choices
You have rights relating to your personal information held by WIMAR SG. Let us know if you want to correct your personal information or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information.
You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to request:
- the erasure of any personal information that we hold about you;
- the restriction of processing of any personal information that we hold about you.
If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information that we hold about you, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to us that all of the information we hold about you is correct and up-to-date, so let us know promptly if there are any errors or other changes should be made.